All Terrain Forklift Hire
Forklift trucks have been slowly moving out of their traditional working sphere of the warehouse and into places like building sites. To hire a forklift that can work in outdoor environments it is a good idea to turn to an all terrain forklift truck. It will provide the user with greater support and balance on outdoor surfaces thanks to its innovative and sturdy design.
Many hire companies now stock all terrain machines and it is possible to hire them over a period of time. Different businesses have different frequencies of use for all terrain forklifts. Don't worry though, since there is not a 'one size fits all' rental agreement, but rather a number of hire contracts that are tailored to suit each company and their usage. They are:
The hire company will provide adequate insurance against accidents and damages. If there is no one at your company who can operate the machine, then the hire company can also send out a certified driver to do it for you, for an additional fee.
- Daily rental, which is offered to companies who only need to use the machine a couple of times a year
- A monthly payment, which allows the company to request a forklift any time they need to use one. This is perfect for those who use the machine more frequently but not everyday
- Long term rental, which is offered to companies who use the all terrain vehicle on a daily basis
The Benefits of All Terrain Forklifts
There are huge benefits in renting an all terrain forklift. They are:
- The machine can work on all types of ground and, within reason, the gradient of the surface should not be a problem thanks to their excellent tyre grip
- They are able to perform on rough surfaces while lifting up to 20,000kg of weight, an amount far superior to most other forklifts
- They are easy to operate. The controls inside the cabin are not too complex meaning the company will soon get use to the feel of the machine
- They have superb balance thanks to the counterbalance in the front of the vehicle which means it is very difficult to tip them over as long as the operator follows the guideline
- They are designed like a tractor, with two large wheels at the back. This allows them to grip and remain balanced on icy or muddy surfaces
- The load is carried at the back of the machines, which heightens the driver's visibility
Which companies design these machines?
Many internationally recognized companies that design traditional forklifts have been trying their hand at designing all terrain forklifts. This means the user can be assured they are using a world class machine. Some of these companies are:
Where to find them?
There are companies throughout the UK who have these machines available to rent. These companies are either local companies, which can be found around the UK's major cities or towns, or companies that have branches all over the country. Nowadays, most of these companies have a website which details the service and the all terrain forklifts they have in stock.
↑ Back to Top